People are curious about what the metabolism is and how it acts in the body. Metabolism is basically a set of chemical transformations of enzymes and hormones that turn nutrients into fuel. Metabolism is affected by age, gender, and muscle mass.
List Of The Best Vitamins And Minerals To Increase Metabolism Naturally At Home:
The term “metabolism” shows the chemical reactions that occur in the body each day, and the energy that is burned carries out these reactions. The metabolic rate will depend on the genetics.In case you are predisposed to a slow metabolism; for instance, you gain weight easily than somebody with a fast metabolism.
Most of the vitamin supplements will not boost the metabolism in case you are healthy. Nonetheless, some supplements might bring you some benefits and others might maintain the metabolism in case you are getting a deficiency. Remember not to take supplements without consulting with your doctor at first,
While you are born with a definite metabolic level, there are some vitamins and minerals you can take to naturally increase metabolism. Weight loss goals will also be met easier with an increased metabolism.
1. Vitamin A
This is the first out of the best vitamins to increase metabolism that I want to introduce in this entire article and want all of my readers to add this vitamin to their daily diet to get all of its benefits.
Most people do not meet the needed intake for vitamin A. This fat-soluble vitamin is very important for the regulation of thyroid hormones, and getting less vitamin A in the daily diet is related to reduced levels. Thyroid hormones regulate the way the body’s cells use energy that affects your metabolism. When thyroid hormone levels are low, the body’s parts will slow down and this may lead to a decrease in the metabolism.
Add vitamin A-containing foods to the daily diet to ensure that you get at least 700-900 micrograms per day, keeping your metabolism at a good level. There are a lot of low-calorie options to add these vitamin A-rich foods to your weight-loss diet. These foods are red peppers, carrots, spinach, cantaloupe, apricots, mangoes, eggs, apricots, and salmon.
Vitamin A is actually a wonderful metabolism booster, so try it out!
2. Vitamins To Increase Metabolism – Vitamin D and Calcium
Vitamin D and calcium may have a beneficial effect on the metabolism, although they will not take you make a slow metabolism become a fast one. Nonetheless, both of them can boost the calorie burn slightly throughout the day and help you to get a weight loss.
Taking vitamin D and calcium also offers some other benefits. Both of them are good for the bone health, and calcium plays a vital role in muscle function as well. Nonetheless, vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin, which may accumulate in the body in case you take it too much. So, you should not take this vitamin more than the recommended dosage offered by your doctor.
This is in fact one of the best vitamins to increase metabolism that you should know and make use to boost metabolism effectively.
3. B-Complex Vitamins
Taking B-complex vitamins does not necessarily make you burn calories if you have a good health, but it can help increase your metabolism. Your cells use enzymes to convert the nutrients into energy. Some B-complex vitamins help in activating these enzymes, so they can properly turn the nutrients you take into useable fuel. B-complex vitamins also support you to make blood cells red and supply your muscle tissues with fresh oxygen.
In case you feel fatigued due to a lack of one or more B-complex vitamins, taking their supplements can correct this lack and then boost the level of energy, so you are able to burn more calories. Nonetheless, in case you are not having a deficiency, taking supplements may not benefit.
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) is used to help break down fats and carbohydrates. It is needed for metabolism of sugar and starch. Food sources are yeast, pork, rice, organ meats, milk and nuts
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) will help convert food into energy and create a healthy skin, hair and nervous system. It is also needed for the metabolism of carbohydrate, protein, and fat. Food sources are liver, pork, milk, yogurt, chicken, eggs, cheese, almond, yeast, green leafy veggies, and fish.
- Vitamin B3 (niacin) is used for metabolism and keep your nervous system, skin and digestive system healthy. Food sources are eggs, milk, fish, meat, poultry, nuts and whole grains.
- Vitamin B8 (biotin) will help amino acid and energy metabolism and fat burning. Food sources are egg yolk, beans, green leafy veggies, liver, broccoli, beans and whole grains
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) will contribute to the structure of some enzymes that metabolize body fats.
- Vitamin B12 will help you improve your energy in case you feel fatigued all the time.
You should balance all of your vitamin supplements to suit your needs. Some sources of vitamin B are potatoes, chili peppers, bananas, and lentils. However, you cannot find vitamin B12 available in plant form, you have to eat fortified cereals or animal products to get enough vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 supplements are important for vegetarians and people who do not consume animal products.